
August 2010Wow, what a month! So much has happened, both good and extremely bad, and the latter is leaving me disheartened.
But let's focus on the good things in life. Josh still has a job, and after watching many of his fellow co-workers getting laid off, that is definitely a blessing. My little brother (he's 22) is coming to see us here in a couple weeks and I can't wait. Our beautiful, wonderful daughter turned thirteen last week; where did the time go?? And, finally, I get to go to Women Of Faith with my mom and her girlies next month.
I so look forward to this time of renewal with my mom! I'll visit Utah, Idaho, Montana and Washington while home. That is, I'll fly in to Utah, drive to the town in Idaho where I grew up, and then mom and I will drive up thru Montana, back into Idaho and into Washington to attend the conference in Spokane. I cherish these times with my mom. We used to both attend in different states at different times and send eachother snipets of the music via text, and talk about our favorite speakers and favorite notes. I don't take it lightly that I get to attend with her; it is truely something that I have been longing to do for years. This will be our third year!!! Yay!! I can't wait to breath the mountain air of home again; to feel back in my element if only for a week.
Lexi Meri is now officially a teenager... Lord help us! Standing to my shoulder, with size 9 feet, she is well on her way to becoming as tall as her momma. Well, maybe not quite as tall, but I bet she is come close. I can't believe just one more year and she will be in High School. But I'm not going to think about that too much right now. I'm just going to enjoy her every minute she is growing up. I have an understanding with the kids, which I started talking about with Lexi when she entered secondary school, that as long as I know what is going on in her life, she can always expect me in her corner. I will back her up and defend her, or just listen quietly, whatever is necessary. The minute they stop telling me everything, I can no longer back them up. I don't like being made a fool of, or not being aware of a situation that is brought to my attention. So far it is working, and we have a great relationship where we can talk about pretty much anything, and I probably know way more than her friends would like me to. I'll never tell though, its just for her and me. Love that girl to pieces; she has always had the biggest heart that loves people unconditionally, and a brain to match. I know that she is on her way to being one heck of a grown up.
The boy, Isaac Rae, is now 11!! Equally shocking to me, of course, is the idea that my baby is no longer a baby, but a boy turning into a man. He'll be in sixth grade in a couple weeks, taking honors reading, writing and math, and starting his band career on the tuba. I've always loved the tuba, and turns out that his best friend also chose it, so they will be in class and sectionals together. I am thrilled about that. Again, the biggest heart in this kid. Brilliant mind, just like his daddy, can tell you things that you probably never would care to know. Good stuff, intelligent stuff. My goal has always been to get him safely thru childhood and he will make an awesome man. He completes me, literally, always wanted a boy after my brother was born when I was twelve and I took on role as his second mom. Always thought I would make a good boy mom; really glad I got the chance.
Josh and I celebrated 14 years of marriage in June. The only thing I can think of to sum it up is
'Time flies when you are having fun'. So true, as evidenced by the fact that this summer is already at an end. I now officially have two jr highers. wow. When did I get so old?
Love you guys... All of you, yup. Hope this finds you all well.
No comments:
Post a Comment