Thursday, October 19, 2017

i'm still here

A friend of a friend posted this on their fb today and I loved it.

The past two years have really just been a whirlwind of changes in our household, and I'm figuring out, once again, that this is true and ok. It's the ones that stick that are supposed to.

I've always tried to keep a positive spin on life, whatever the current state of it is.  I remember making a conscious decision in high school to smile, even when you don't want to. I'm trying to bring that back and be the smiley girl.  Because life is good, you know? Even messy life. Even the "I really don't know how this is going to work out" life.  It's all good, you just have to look for the good a little bit harder sometimes.

So, I am looking and I am smiling. I am choosing to be grateful instead of fearful, choosing to keep my heart guarded and with the most important people and not worry about the rest. They say that if you want to change the world, go home, and I've been doing that a lot lately.  Making sure that I am a wife and a mom that is available, yet still making time to cultivate myself. Home has changed though and kids are grown. Trying to figure that all out too. It's a beautiful, messy part of life right now. This guy that I married 21 years ago, we are figuring out what to do with spare time and while paying for big kid dreams. I like the addition of fishing and kayaks, and there are rumors of cruisers too. 

I'm thankful he is my built in best friend.  Our relationship works.  It always has.  Either adventuring or just being home, it's comfy.  I like that.  I'm thankful for that.  He is truly my expert, the expert of me.  He knows the best about my self doubting, strong will, I do what I want-ness. :) 

There is a ring around my finger that says one word: limitless. I'm gonna continue to roll with that idea.




 

No comments: